Advancements in implementation, evaluation, and governance
The EU COST funded project Network for Evaluation of One Health (NEOH), the Belgian Community of Practice Biodiversity and Health and the Department of Agricultural and Food Sciences (DISTAL) of the University of Bologna are organising a conference to discuss developments in One Health and EcoHealth thinking.
- Conference: 10th – 11th of September 2018
- Workshop: 12th September 2018
Department of Agricultural and Food Sciences (DISTAL), University of Bologna, Viale Giuseppe Fanin n. 44, Bologna (40127), Italy
registration is still open until the 26th of August 2018. You can register here: https://eventi.unibo.it/neohfinalconferenceandworkshop-distal-bologna-2018/registration.
The conference aims to:
- explore how EcoHealth and One Health approaches are being evaluated and implemented in practice;
- learn about changes in institutional and regulatory structures at national and international levels;
- discuss how the process of translating science into practice can be promoted further.
The conference builds on the previous NEOH meetings and workshops and on the European OneHealth/EcoHealth workshop held in Brussels in October 2016 and will be a combination of keynote speaker presentations, oral and poster presentations, and parallel discussion sessions exploring in depth topics that fall under the themes listed below.
- The policy cycle and the evaluation of One Health and EcoHealth initiatives;
- Knowledge integration and governance of One Health and EcoHealth;
- Examples of One Health implementation at the institutional level, needs, barriers and success factors;
- Collaboration between science and practice: a continuous interdisciplinary and intersectoral process.
Parallel discussion sessions and workshops
In the afternoon of the second day (Tuesday 11 September 2018, 14h.00-16h.00), the conference will host the parallel discussion sessions and workshops proposed and self-organised by the NEOH and EcoHealth members who responded to a call launched early this year.
You can consult the contents of the proposed discussion sessions and workshops to make your choice for the conference.
NEOH final workshop
After the conference, on 12 September 2018, the NEOH final workshop will focus on how to use the tools for the evaluation of One Health and implement the network findings in practice.