Open Position: Lecuter (B)/ Senior Lecturer (C)/ Associate Professor (D) at the James Cook University, Townsville, Australia
Contribute to the delivery and development of the Veterinary Preventive Medicine within the undergraduate veterinary science degree program.
- Continuous, full-time position
- Lecturer: $89,859 to $106,029 plus 17% employer superannuation contributions
- Senior Lecturer: $109,260 to $125,429 plus 17% employer superannuation contributions
- Associate Professor: $130,818 to $143,748 plus 17% employer superannuation contributions
The College of Public Health, Medical and Veterinary Sciences is committed to the themes of “The Tropics” and “One Health” outcomes through outstanding education, excellent research and effective engagement with key stakeholders. We are immensely proud of our facilities, staff, students, graduates and unique location with modern, well-equipped facilities and our bachelor degree in veterinary science is fully accredited enabling our students international opportunities post-graduation.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer, Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor -Veterinary Preventative Medicine to contribute to the veterinary science curriculum through teaching, supervising students and undertaking research projects, with a focus on state veterinary medicine, veterinary public health and epidemiology.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science or equivalent qualifications, registerable in Queensland
- Higher degree, at doctorate level or equivalent, in a relevant area of veterinary science
- Teaching experience at tertiary level in veterinary preventive medicine and/or veterinary public health or a related area of veterinary science and commitment to quality learning and teaching
For further information on the requirements please see the academic duty descriptor.
JCU offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth as well as diverse career opportunities. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
- five weeks annual recreation leave
- flexible working arrangements
- attractive options for salary packaging
- relocation and visa assistance
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, a CV and a statement addressing the selection criteria via the link below.
For an academic duty descriptor and more information on how to apply please visit:
Position Reference Number: 15874
Applications close on 19 February 2017